The Barosaurus (BARE-o-SAWR-us) (heavy lizard), more commonly referred to as “Baro”, is one of the largest animals in the game. Statistic-wise, it is the strongest HerbivoreHerbivore and is the best non-skin dinosaur for obtaining DNA. It is gray in color with small, tan spines on its back. Contrary to its large size, it is an impressive climber, with high jump height.
It is the slowest growing creature in-game, Barosaurus has a Growth Rate Multiplier of 3, taking up to about Day 60 to reach Elder stage; although awarding players with a considerable amount of 75 DNA per-day. Barosaurus is the most popular dinosaur to use for DNA farming. Due to its strength and huge size, the Barosaurus is one of the most targeted dinosaurs in the game with its slow movement and can easily be ranged. Even if the player hasn’t killed or touched anyone, other players will still likely attack them or try to kill them.
It has mostly a Smokey Grey body with multiple black spots such as multiple black dots, the top of its torso, and the area around its neck, it also has multiple nails on its leg. When looking at the button, it has a pearl-colored torso. Around its top, it has small tan spikes with its head having a red skin at the button of its head
Advanced StatisticsStats are based on the Barosaurus being an elder and past day 25.
- Max Hunger: Herbivore 900
- DPS: 98
- Bleed Damage: 0
- Attack Rate: 3.5s
- DNA per day: DNA Icon 75
- DNA until Elder: DNA Icon 3960
- Time to Elder: 3 h 30 m
- It takes 3 hours and 30 minutes to grow a Barosaurus from Baby to Elder. In this time, you will have earned DNA Icon 3,960 DNA. Should you continue growing it to day 300, you will have earned DNA Icon 21,960 total DNA. Continuing to day 1260, you will have earned a total DNA Icon 89,460.
- In order to earn over DNA Icon 100,000 using a Barosaurus, you will have to grow all the way to the day 1,401 to earn DNA Icon 100,035. this is equal to playing about 81 hours or 3.4052 Days
The Barosaurus was released to the public on November 11, 2016, along with the Achillobator. This version of Barosaurus had a large hitbox, which many players took advantage of.
AppearanceThe whole body of the Barosaurus is grey with 2 back legs with toes while 2 front legs with 1 finger. in its head and back, it has a small number of spikes
The Galactic Barosaurus is one of the Galactic Skins. The Galactic Barosaurus is quite small even as a Juvenile. Once it becomes an Adult, it grows to Titanic proportions. Galactic Barosaurus was used in Early 2018 for it's speed glitching capability that it had, this was eventually fixed soon after it was being widely used for combat. It used to be extremely rare with about 75 owners until it was re-released on Black Friday 2018. By that time players used a DNA glitch to get large amounts of DNA, so when the Galactic Eggs was re-released and more than 250 players managed to hatch one. Since that time the Galactic Barosaurus has become a very common sight to see due to the Duplication Exploits affecting the skin.
The Galactic Barosaurus is the only Galactic skin that doesn't follow the original dinosaur, having completely different body style, proportions, and look. It looks terrifying and intimidating as it has a huge jaw and inexorable eyes. It has purple horns that face back. Unlike its original design, it lacks back legs. It has all of the planets of the Solar System encircling its body, with blue legs. It has some stars and constellations on its body. The tail is blue, the shade gets darker to the tip, and it ends with a neon white top. Its blue legs end with three fingers with golden rings on them. Whenever it eats or drinks, it creates a black hole to suck in the consumables.
- Baro Roar Most of the roar seems to be a deep-pitched (not black unlike the Pitch Black Terror), distorted hippo chuckle.
- Baro Growl A deep-pitched cow growl.
- Baro Call The call may possibly be a car engine mixed with some other things.
- This skin is based on Aurelion Sol from the popular PC game League Of Legends.
- While it was being made, the first version was going to be for Deinosuchus but the Unhatched Games Development team put up a poll to decide on what dinosaur it should go to.
- The Galactic Barosaurus used to be one of the (if not the) biggest skin(s) in the game, but the Kaiju Giraffatitan has taken that crown.
- Since then, the Galactic Barosaurus, aswell as many other dinosaurs/skins, have received size buffs, causing the Galactic Barosaurus to become the biggest creature in the game, once again, while the Kaiju Giraffatitan received a size nerf shortly after.
- When the Galactic Barosaurus was first added to the game, ChickenEngineer made an accidental spelling error to it's name, causing it to be called 'Galatic Barosaurus' (the first 'c' was left out), however this was later fixed using the 'Name Changer' script that the Albino Terror and Megavore use to prevent the data from being reset.
- This also caused issues with people receiving the Galactic Barosaurus from the Galactic Egg when it was available both in 2017 during the Galactic Event, 2018 during the Black Friday Event, and there were no reports of this issue in 2020 during the Black Friday Event.
The Golden Barosaurus is a skin for the Barosaurus. It can be obtained from the Golden Egg from the trading map with a 3.333% random chance of hatching. It is one of the more, uncommon golden skins and one of the most desired golden skin second to that of the Golden Fossil Tyrannosaurus Rex.