- For the prehistoric shark, see Carcharocles Megalodon.
Megalodon is an extinct megalodontid bivalve added in 6.3.0. It was originally a joke created by the UG Development Team due to the community demanding that the Megalodon (a prehistoric shark, now Carcharocles Megalodon) be added in, so they added a clam with a similar name. The name is not to be confused with the extinct genus of otodontid shark Carcharocles Megalodon. It has the highest Moistness stat out of all of the Aquatic creatures, with 1200 moistness. However, unlike other aquatic creatures, its speed does not slow down on land. Despite this, the Megalodon is the slowest carnivore in the game, only surpassed by Barosaurus.
It is purely white with a spotted texture and has a couple of white, grey and blue pearls inside of its shell. It is very slow, and nearly all of its movement animations involve it spinning.
- With Ver[8.4.0], on November 4th, 2018, the Megalodon became available again due going limited instead of Carcharocles Megalodon.
- The Megalodon was the third creature to become limited, but only for a temporary time.
- In 20.3.2021, the Megalodon gained the ability to fly.
- It has the highest amount of defense out of all others in the game. However, it was given this much because of a joke made by the developers when it was released.
It could be obtained as a skin for Megalodon by completing the first part of the Halloween obby in the Halloween Event from 2018.
The Pumpkin Megalodon is very large compared to the Megalodon and can be easily spotted by its bright orange color. As for its land walking animation, it hops, and in its idle animation, it moves its eyes left and right similar to the Krampus. When it opens its mouth, it reveals a purple candy. Its eyes are black with bright orange flame particles as pupils. Between its eyes, there is a triangle-shaped nose/nostril. On top of it, there is a stem, similar to real pumpkins.
- It was initially added to the game with Ver[8.4.0] on November 4th, 2018.