The Megavore, meaning "Big Eater", (Mega = Big, Vore = Eater) known commonly as Mega, is a very popular and well-known creature in the Dinosaur Simulator. Megavore was the 2nd Hybrid and 81st Creature added to the Dinosaur Character Selection.
Isisauriraptor was released in October 2015 and was a Code Skin for the Tyrannosaurus Rex, this skin would eventually become what is now the Megavore.
During Black Friday 2016, the Megavore was added as the new hybrid at a price of 15,000 DNA with the Isisauriraptor skin being removed from the Tyrannosaurus Rex skin selection. Users who had the Isisauriraptor code skin redeemed before it expired would get the Megavore without having to pay DNA to own the skin, along with this the users also got the Classic Megavore(Isisauriraptor) skin. The Megavore was the Isisauriraptor model but remade, the look was mostly the same but with different positions in the model, changed colors and animations made in the Animation Editor. Isisauriraptor had only the default roars, but the Megavore had different roars.
The Megavore had the stats of 2100 Health, 264 Damage, 30 Defense and 12 / 15 speed.
After the Megavore went limited at the end of Black Friday 2016, the Hybrid became a popular and notorious sight to see throughout the year and into 2017. 2017 only had Megavore become a tradable token, get slightly different roars and a new skin. In March 2017, a new skin was added for Megavore at a price of 5000 DNA, titled the ‘Hothead Megavore’. Hothead Megavore had a different appearance but still kept the traits of the Megavore. In 2017 it was announced that the Megavore (and the Albino Terror) would not return for the Black Friday sale of that year, this would also happen in the 2018 Black Friday Event.
The Megavore mostly stood the same as it was until a remake was added in April 2018, which fixed its roars and added different appearances for its growth stages. Megavore mostly was the same with its new model, until November 2018 when it received a new skin titled ‘Star Destroyer Megavore’. Star Destroyer Megavore had a completely new appearance (while keeping the features of the megavore), new roars and different appearances for its growth stages. Star Destroyer had the price of 50,000 DNA and did not go limited like it was intended to, with Star Destroyer remaining available to the present.
Restats came around and changed the skins of Megavore, especially Hothead. Hothead Megavore had its ability to swim removed but had its damage and defense increased. Other Megavore skins (Including recolors) had other or slightly different stats, until Early 2020 which gave Megavore and it’s skins its classic stats with a small addition (It’s current stats). In 2019’s Black Friday sale, the Megavore was released at a price of 300,000 DNA (Along with the Albino Terror), and it went limited at the end of the event.
In Mid 2020, a new skin titled ‘Solar Bringer Megavore’ was added. Solar Bringer Megavore was released at a price of 50,000 DNA, Solar Bringer had new roars added along with it. In 2020’s Black Friday sale, the Megavore was released at a price of 80,000 DNA (Along with the Albino Terror) and went offsale after the event ended. This would be the last time that Megavore would return onsale. Hothead Megavore received a remake along with the Black Friday 2020 Event, which made its model more smoother and with different animations.
Hothead would then get reanimations in January 2021, replacing most animations that the previous had. Solar Bringer would get edits and reanimations to its model in May 2021.
The Megavore is a very large carnivore. Its back has crocodilian armor running down the top of it, and along the side of it, it has a purple unknown detail on the sides of its body. Its tail resembles that of a shark and its head has a frill and two horns. It has four glowing eyes on each side, topped off with its maw, full of sharp black teeth in rows from the bottom to top along with a fang that is longer than the other teeth. The Juvenile Megavore lacks most of its torso armor and has no spikes on its legs, while the baby Megavore lacks most of its details and its horns. However, the Megavore V3 has inaccurate and different details. While Megavore V3 has torso armor, tongue, and shark shaped tail, the Classic and version 2 of Megavore have Spinosaurus shaped sail, Stegosaurus shaped plates, thagomizer, tail that resembles to fish, and full of sharp black teeth in rows from the bottom to top inside its maw.
Although it is not directly stated which exact dinosaurs were used to create this beast, some obvious dinosaurs that have to have been used. Here are the base elements: Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus, Stegosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Koolasuchus. Some other dinosaurs that may have been used would be Velociraptor, Kentrosaurus, Albertosaurus, Carnotaurus, Suchomimus, and Edmontonia. Some aquatic species' DNA may have also been used. It also would have been likely to have an extreme amount of predatory and defense skills, thanks to the combination of many different dinosaurs. It probably would have hunted other dinosaurs, and since it was able to swim, it probably hunted mosasaurs, pliosaurs, and other aquatic creatures. It would have been a serious threat to the world if they were real. It also would have been extremely intelligent, thanks to Velociraptor brain size DNA combining with the massive body size of a Tyrannosaurus. It also had non-dinosaur related DNA as well. Crocodile DNA was probably used for the spines running down its back, and spider DNA was used to create its eyes. Shark DNA was used for its tail, and maybe human DNA was used.
Its roars are one of the most feared in the entire game, towards new players, especially thesound, as if it’s heard, some may call out that a Megavore is in the server.
- Its previous description made very little sense and is hard to understand, as it’s filled with numerous grammatical mistakes and brings up the idea that it is owned by “scientists,” which have not been seen in the game.
- This hybrid appears to contain the genomes of Tyrannosaurus Rex, Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Brachiosaurus and possibly Mosasaurus.
- The Megavore was originally a skin for the Tyrannosaurus Rex, known as 'Isisauriraptor', and was obtainable via a code, which later expired when the Megavore became it's own dinosaur in the menu.
- The Megavore is still counted as it's original name, 'Isisauriraptor' in the database, however it is displayed as 'Megavore', this was done using a script the owner made to change the name of creatures without resetting their database (it would result in everyone owning the creature to lose it), similar to the Albino Terror.
This is the second iteration of the Megavore which came out around the same time as the Hothead Megavore. The Megavore V2 was DNA Icon 15,000 when it was released and became a limited dinosaur at the end of the Black Friday event. This version is the most well known out of all Megavore versions.
AppearanceThe Megavore is a very large Carnivore. Its back has a sail running down the top of it, and along the side of the sail, Stegosaurus-like plates shoot outward at a diagonal. Its tail resembles a Stegosaurus tail. The top spikes shoot back and out, resembling a V. The bottom spikes are blue and are one large bunch. Its head has a large horn on the back of it, and two smaller horns on the front. It has a black nose, and four glowing eyes on each side. Topped off with its maw, full of sharp black teeth in rows from the bottom to top. This Classic Megavore has a classic blocky shape but doesn't have any problems with moving, unlike most other blocky models.
The Classic Megavore skin was originally called the Isisauriraptor, a Promo codes skin for the T-Rex. It was rarely used, as the T-Rex was quite weak at the time yet it is now one of the most sought after skins due to it being a skin of one of the most popular creatures in the game. The Classic Megavore is one of the only 2 skins that has belonged to two different dinosaurs. It was first a skin for the Tyrannosaurus, but during Black Friday 2016, it was moved to its own Megavore dinosaur skin.
Although it looks very similar to the Megavore, the Classic Megavore does have some noticeable differences. Its sail is higher than the Megavore’s sail, and the Classic Megavore’s plates are smaller. The Classic Megavore has longer legs and its front legs are bent, with its feet facing back. The Classic Megavore’s front horns are white, and its face has 3 oval white eyes on each side. The Classic Megavore’s teeth are white, unlike the normal Megavore.
- It is one of the only three classic skins that cannot be unlocked through the Classic Skins Gamepass.
The Hothead Megavore was the 1st skin for the Megavore. Hothead Megavore was notorious for it's common use in fights and it's mixed combat capability. Hothead Megavore received a remake in November 2020, along with reanimations in Early 2021.
Hothead Megavore has red, black, purple and pink colors on its model. Hothead Megavore has a red colored head and neck, along with the bottom of the feet. Hothead has black scutes along the back, with the part of the torso connecting to the neck also being of a black color along with the legs, claws, tail spikes, teeth and head spikes. Hothead has grey colors along a part of the torso, going to the tail and thighs on both back legs. It has a more upright stance when compared to the Default Megavore and is slightly bigger. It appears to have more Stegosaurus DNA than its normal counterpart and has a bright red head that bears the frill of a Triceratops. The hothead appears to have DNA from Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex, and many others. This massive creature has an angular vulture-like beak, walks on its knuckles, and runs on two legs to keep it moving.
Hothead Megavore has the described appearance, mostly the same appearance as the Classic Hothead Megavore model but with less edges/smoother model and smoother animations. Hothead Megavore includes repositioned head spikes, addition of small spikes to the top of the frill, and a dark grey tint inbetween the grey/black colors the torso has. Hothead Megavore has uses its tail to swim and it's legs are near its body, with the swimming up animation having a similar animation to the Classic Hothead Megavore's Swimming animation.
Classic Hothead Megavore has the described appearance, but with less a less smooth model than the remake. Most notable changes are the animations and surface, being block like. Classic Hothead has more 'faster' animations than the Current, with the tail being more straight and stiff than the current. Classic Hothead's walking has both it's left and right legs move at the same motion for each side. The swimming animation turns the model up, and it's legs are swung up and down in order to swim. Classic Hothead has a slightly different attack animation, it swings to its left instead of just in front like the Current. The roar animations are more 'fast' instead of the Current Hothead's animations, most notable roar is the Call Animation which freezes the whole model but the head moving to roar.
Model by: IEatPinkErasers
Former Walking and Sprinting Animations by: 4head
Original Model by: servez_2build
- The Hothead Megavore is based off of the Ultimasaurus toy from the canceled Jurassic Park toy line, Jurassic Park: Chaos Effect. They share a similar design and are made of the same dinosaurs.
- It's roars are not the same as the regular Megavore's, only being the roars but not edited.
- The Hothead Megavore was originally going to become the V3 Megavore, but poor reception on the testing servers caused it to be changed into a skin.
- When the remodel was first added in, it had the wrong Animation set, supposedly being the animations from Pitch Luminiscent Avinychus.
The Star Destroyer Megavore is the 2nd skin for Megavore. The skin is Space-Themed, and is related to the Galactic Skins. Star Destroyer also has different roars from the Default Megavore. Star Destroyer was meant to go limited after its release during Black Friday 2018, but it was not made properly limited and was kept on sale. Star Destroyer has had a mixed capability of combat throughout DS history.
It somewhat resembles the Default Megavore with its black skin coloration. On its head is a helmet with intricate designs, and two eye-like shapes are on each side of the helmet.
Along its back, it has a dark purple fin, and there's what appears to be a blue dwarf star. various spikes running along the sides. Under its torso, it has a hole with a rotating black hole inside it. Its most notable feature is its hands, who are floating. When baby they are two, when juvenile they are four and when adult they are six. The colors of the creature in every growth stage are also different. Particles are coming out of various places in the body.
- It was first teased after the developer Supernob123 released a poll to select a new skin for the Megavore, and development began on the skin after it won. It was teased several times after that and then was released during Black Friday 2018.
- The Star Destroyer Megavore's previous description is a reference to Buzz Lightyear's catchphrase.
- Star Destroyer has lore made by supernob123, which explains the rivalry between Star Destroyer and Galactic Barosaurus.
- Some of the roars for Star Destroyer Megavore were noises from Space.
- A video clip of the Star Destroyers idle animation won supernob123 a Bloxy Award.
- supernob123 made an Avatar item based on Star Destroyers helmet and the link can be found here: The Destroyer of Stars
Solar Bringer Megavore is the 3rd skin for Megavore. It is apart of the 'Bringer' skin collection. It has Different roars than the Default Megavore. Solar Bringer is notorious for its use in combat. Solar Bringer received model edits (Recoloring) and new animations in May 2021, making it less bright and more detailed.
Solar Bringer Megavore is pure white and has a dial on top that spins around, its head also has three smaller rings also spinning. Its spikes are light brown.
Model by: Zotoro_Yong
- The skin was originally supposed to be Gigavore, a concept skin for Megavore by Yong, but was changed. This is because the community was unhappy with it's design being too similar to the Megavore V2.
- Upon receiving the model update, older versions present in the Other Maps also received the new model.
- The reason for this is because the Model itself was updated in Roblox Studio instead of a 'new' model.
Deep Sea Megavore bears resemblances to a squid, possessing horns that resemble a squid's beak, appendages on the face and near the tail that resemble tentacles, and bioluminescent photophores. By default, it is primarily composed of different shades of blue with black and white in the mix, but it is able to change these colors through roaring, similar to mayhem skins.
The color variants it is able to change into are as follows: Megavore mimic, greyscale, swamp, sahara, seafoam, bloodborne, and sea (its default coloration).
Model by: JaxonBirb
- Unhatched Games Discord ShawnMe. November 27th, 2020.
- Unhatched Games Discord ShawnMe. January 15th, 2021.
- Twitter @ChickenEngineer
- Unhatched Games Discord ShawnMe. January 15th, 2021.
- Unhatched Games Discord Vespertine. March 4th, 2017.
- Unhatched Games Discord supernob123. September 3rd, 2018.
- Unhatched Games Discord fearfant. February 23rd, 2019.
- Unhatched Games Discord JaxonBirb. May 5th, 2021.
- Unhatched Games Discord JaxonBirb. May 5th, 2021.
- Unhatched Games Discord ShawnMe. May 10th, 2021.